Saturday, October 30, 2010

Queen of Everything-at least everything in my world

Yesterday's post caused quite the stir. It is wonderful to know that I have so many supporters! I'd like to say congratulations to all of you that have lost weight! I am so proud of you for getting healthy-and I really appreciate the inspiration and encouragement.

So here is the thing... I LOVE shoes, I mean seriously I love shoes. One of the reasons I love shoes is that it is so not depressing to shop for shoes. Shoes are fabulous! My shoes don't make me look fat, my shoes still fit if I gain five pounds and shoes are about the only way I can express my style since all of the plus clothing I've seen is AWFUL! I once had a dream to design clothing for plus sized women-maybe one day I'll consider it again, but I think I'd rather help to motivate women to get healthy and wear better clothing.

I've often chuckled (and then cried) about the names of plus sized clothing. Seriously have you ever looked at it... they use names like Goddess and Voluptuous to try and make you feel awesome about being a big girl. Well I've got news for all of you plus size designers-just because I'm a bigger woman doesn't mean that I want to look like an eighty-year old in a pink tiger velour jump suit. GAG! I actually broke down in tears once to this nice clerk at Macy's when I could not find ANYTHING decent in my size. I kept pulling out hideous item after hideous item and I was almost shouting at her because everything was so ugly! The poor woman directed me to the store manager who kindly calmed me down with a snickers bar.

Most plus sized clothing is so awful I'd rather go naked. This is really disturbing for me because I shop at nice stores. I get so excited when I find something at Nordstroms that I'm almost tempted to buy out the item in every color. I'm also short (in skinny world I would be considered a "petite") so when I'm able to find a pair of pants that actually look decent on my caboose they are about a mile too long. I feel like I can never have that nice tailored look because nothing fits just right. If I could fit in to normal sizes I would be able to really show my style. I am most excited to lose weight so I can shop in Anthropology. I love the style of that store and can't wait to spend my money on their expensive clothing. For now I'm stuck shopping at Lane Bryant or in other Fat Lady stores. While I'm discussing this I'd also like to point out how hilarious I think it is that outside of every Lane Bryant there is usually one of two mall carts... one has to do with losing weight/body shapers and the other is selling ice cream or some other fattening delight.

I hate this picture of myself... but this is one of John's favorites. 
I went shopping today and found absolutely nothing-but I guess that's good cause I won't be this size much longer. I'm already starting to notice some firmness in my stomach and legs. I already feel better than I did four days ago. I woke up this morning with no headache and I am feeling very positive about life in general. For my work out today I did the Bob Harper Inside Out Yoga for the Warrior. My trainer Bob actually advises only doing half of the video as a beginner and boy am I glad I listened to him. I was in downward facing dog when he had us do some kind of weird push-up... I heard this really scary noise in my neck and I swear I popped something that hadn't been popped in a long time. Unless my head falls off I think I'll be ok. I like this video as I really like working out with Bob. He takes some very well known yoga moves and offers some nice variations. I've actually never done an awkward airplane before and I found it very challenging. You should definitely head Bob's advice on this one... stick to only half of the video if you are a first timer and slowly work your way up to more.

I haven't been doing great on my eating-but hey-I can only do one thing at a time. haha I did have a cupcake today-but the fact that I only bought one cupcake really seems like a win to me. Prior to this honesty thing I would have probably bought 3 or 4 with intentions of sharing with John... knowing full well I wouldn't share them. What did you do today to make yourself more healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment