Thursday, August 23, 2012

Finally Making Progress


Have you ever watched the Biggest Loser and thought... damn, I could be on that show! Well I have thought that several times--so I packed up my fat a$$ after some coxing from my husband and other loved ones and went to Philly. I didn't really think that I would be chosen as a contestant and I was right. However going to the audition showed me how lucky I am to have the support of my family and friends on this journey.

Not being picked to be on the show actually motivated me to get my act together. I called on my family to participate in the Biggest Loser Competition with me. I'm so freaking lucky because my family seriously rocks. We are all at different places in our "healthy" journey-but they were all so quick to jump on board with my challenge and support me. Since I'm currently out of work I am the game master... I get the weekly weigh in numbers from everyone and pass it along to the group. We all signed up on MyFitnessPal which I have found to be one of the most helpful things in my weight loss journey.

For me the key to success has been tracking my calories in and out. So far I've lost 7.5 pounds and I am already feeling so much better. I truly believe that God has a plan for my life and since I've been out of work I've really had the opportunity to get my life back and to take my health into my own hands. When I was working, I was so miserable that not matter how hard I tried I couldn't lose the weight. With the extra time on my hands I'm able to devote more time to exercise and I've even been able to get back in to yoga-which makes me feel incredible!

No big secrets on this weight loss journey... just not giving up and really tracking the ins and outs of my daily calorie intake. How are you doing on your weight loss journey?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girly,
    You Go girl!
    I am on myfitnesspal too. I started about 6 days ago a walking commitment to do 30 min in 30days and if I complete it I will get the Body Revolution by miss michaels! I sent you a link to the BR fb group I am apart of I have been coveting her program and found the group to get inspiration and she if people were really changing their lives and bodies. I am baby stepping my commitment because I have been known to not completing something I do for myself. So I have let myself down too many times to cound but I love myself enough now that I deserve to care for my body. Good luck if you need a NJ buddy for pep, or fitness excursions even though I am far we could work it out. Good luck and congrats on making love to yourself by taking care of you! You matter and you are awesome! Love and Hugs-J

    ReplyDelete