Friday, October 29, 2010

Self doubt-out

It is only day two and already I'm experiencing issues. These issues are bound to keep coming up... and I imagine will continue even when I am "skinny". There are many reasons that I don't have a good self image. But the biggest reason is my big butt-literally.

I have a wonderful boyfriend, he loves me fat, he will love me thin... but I question how much he is attracted to me at this weight. I honestly can not blame him if he thinks I am gross right now. I think I'm very gross and its been a long time since I've felt sexy. My wonderful boyfriend... as kind and wonderful as he is... doesn't have much tact. He is learning but has definitely slipped and made some pretty hurtful comments about my weight. I can't help but wonder sometimes if he would be more proud of me if I was skinny.

I will always wonder about this. It isn't his fault but I've blamed almost ever relationship issue on my weight. This is not only unfair-but I would hope inaccurate. When he took almost a year to introduce me to his family I thought it was because he was waiting for me to lose weight. He is taking forever to propose to me... I blame this on my weight-I believe he is waiting for me to lose weight before he proposes. He will not accept me being his girlfriend on facebook-again I think this is because I'm not skinny so he doesn't want people to see he is dating a fat chick. Look I seriously have no other reason to believe this than my own insecurity-so before you get your pitch forks ready give the guy some slack. He in fact is in love with and dating a fat girl. Does he like my fat butt or my disgusting obesity that is destined to kill me before my time-no, he doesn't. But that doesn't stop him from loving me. I've never dated a kinder more loving man in my life.

Its just after 8:00PM here in New Jersey and I just got home from work. I was too tired this morning to work out so I'm about to select a cardio video from my vast selection. I'll probably do some more Bob Harper Inside Out Method-this time the cardio video. I haven't done all of the videos in the series but so far I really would recommend this one. I like how he offers a 20 minute selection for beginners and an hour long routine for more advanced exercisers. This is great because it could be quite intimidating to muddle through an hour long routine at this weight and strength. But soon I will be ready to conquer more challenging routines.

I'd also like to give a big shout out to one of my besties. Allison is amazing. She is seriously being so supportive to me. Back in May I was training to run a 5K with one of my other girlies and in June I actually ran one-at the time Allison told me that I motivated her to get up and work out every morning. Allison did the Self Three Month Challenge. I hope i can persuade her to write something about that experience later-but anyway she did the three month challenge and she really looks great! So because I motivated her... she is paying it forward to me and motivating me. She gave me some great advice yesterday... one thing I'd like to pass on is this. Alli suggested that I write up my goal on little note cards and leave it through out the house as reminders to me.

I'm going to write a lot of these little reminders... here are a few:
1. 135 BABY!
2. Starbucks-only 2 times a week! (Alli suggested that I cut back on this habit but not eliminate it completely- great and doable advice!)
3. Think about how pissed all of your x-boyfriends will be when they see how sexy you are!
4. Strong is the new Skinny!

If you have any other good ones for me let me know!

I hope you all made healthy choices today... I know I tried.

6 comments:

  1. Jessica first of all I would like to say that you are Beautiful! And I love you so much so much! And I support you and have your back! But mostly for the pure fact that it is good for your health and because I want you to be happy with your self! I just recently interpreted for a wonderful women's conference and if I can find the name of the lady I will recommend her book it really was amazing! But I just want to say (not to get churchy) But I was told satan uses food and other things to make us feel guilty and bad about ourselves, rise above him and show him that you are confident and happy beautiful daughter of God! But one really good point that one of the speakers said is when you think you are hungary what are you really hungary for if it is food than eat, if it is water than drink, but what if it is for spiritual enlightenment, what if it is just to relax, what if it is straight up to just go have a good time? Listen to your body, it knows whats best! Love you Jess! Good luck, and if you ever need anything let me know!! I am here to support you! But don't beat yourself up for having a cookie, rather eat it slow and enjoy it! And than go back to your regular weight loss goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting me to read! I feel ya, losing weight is so stinking hard! You are so brave to put it all out there, i totally admire you :) i've lost 39 lbs this year, and still have about 30 to go, so i am with you on the weight-loss journey! If you ever want to talk about it, i'm here for you! My older sis also lost 60 lbs this past year, and she has a blog about it, if you are interested I will send you a link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I know you said not to get my pitchfork out. so just say I have a salad fork. I love you. I don't care what size you are. I am more then proud to call you my friend in real life and on facebook. I am very displeased that John will not approve you as his girlfriend on fb . That's completely ridiculous. It is totally imposable for a girl to stay one size her life. There is something about us having to carry children or something... What happens if you get married then get preggers, then gain wait, is he going to hide you away till teh baby is born? I know plenty of skinny dudes dating so called "bigger" girls that have them listed on fb and have a trillion photos of them too. I don't know why this upsets me but it really does. If you are going to commit the rest of your life to this man, he should be shouting from the rooftops; "I LOVE THIS GIRL JUST AS SHE IS!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. And one more thing. please listen to this song on repeat:

    Ingrid Michaelson: The Way I Am
    If you were falling, then I would catch you
    You need a light, I'd find a match
    'Cause I love the way you say good morning
    And you take me the way I am

    If you are chilly, here take my sweater
    Your head is aching, I'll make it better
    'Cause I love the way you call me, baby
    And you take me the way I am

    I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair
    Sew on patches to all you tear
    'Cause I love you more than I could ever promise
    And you take me the way I am
    You take me the way I am, you take me the way I am

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have faith you can do this (I'm right there with you). It's a lot of hard work but you are strong. One thing I do need to say is that I hope you are doing this for yourself and not for anyone else. Anyone who doesn't already love you the way you are is not worth your time. You are an amazing, beautiful woman and you are loved and have a lot of support.

    Like I said, I'm right there with you, so if you need to call me and bitch about a hard day at the gym or a bad day eating 3 doughnuts you can lol

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I've got some amazing girl friends. I love you all. Thank you for the love and support. Heather you are one of my skinny sisters... how did you get the great body and I got the fat one? haha :) Melissa I would love to read your sisters blog! Heidi-I ADORE YOU! I feel bad because I really don't think John is hiding me... its more that he thinks fb is kinda dumb and he is a very private person. But after reading your comment it got me thinking. I sent him an email and told him that as sill as it is to him... it is important to me. He really does love me... I just feel really bad about myself and how I look. I have a million issues that I'm trying to sort out and my weight/self esteem go hand in hand. Hiba-I could not do this for anyone else. No one else is worth it! I'm doing this for myself-and honestly for my future children/family. I want to be a healthy Jess... instead of being the mess I am now. Again thank you all for your love and support. I'm definitely feeling a little vulnerable right now-but also awesome for revealing a part of me that I've been hiding behind for too long.

    ReplyDelete