Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Just Want to be Rad

Man I want to be rad! I've been thinking about it for a few weeks now and I've come to the conclusion that I just want to be rad. That is really all I want in life. I'm 100% convinced that if I am able to become rad-then I will be happy and healthy. Some of my friends (I swear that I paid them nothing) are actually under the assumption that I am already rad-but honestly ladies-I have a confession: I am so not rad.

I have had a lot of time on my hands during the last several months. This time has given me an opportunity to relax, think and over think every single decision that I've made in my life. Some of the decisions that I have made in my past were edgy, cool and sometimes even hip-but lately I feel like I've got a bad case of the blahs and the blase-ness has taken over any part of me that may have been cool. It is awful to admit this-but I am ready to change.

So I decided that I was going to be rad. I'm not really sure how one becomes "rad", the way I see it some people are just born cool. For me being "rad" looks like this. Ok but seriously lets think about what it means to be rad. According to urban dictionary  rad means:
"really cool, but in a more subtle way. as opposed to extreme orawesome. one of the highest compliments you can give someone. being rad is like being cool without having to work for it. it's like a natural coolness."
 Damn. So how do I go about being rad. Ok so for me this is what "rad" looks like. 
1. Healthy-like I'm the $hit kind of healthy. Like I'm so fit that I don't have to turn down any activity. I want to be strong, have stamina, and be an overall hard ass. 
2. Happy-like sing in the morning kind of happy. I want to wake up in the morning and be happy to be alive. (Currently I am not so happy to be alive most days. In fact I was kinda disappointed that the world didn't end. Kinda joking, kinda not.) 
3. Working in something that makes me incredibly happy and provides me a work life balance that I need. 
4. Organized! Nothing makes me crazier than my unorganized house. I've been working on this, but still haven't gotten to the level of organization that puts my little anxious heart at ease. 
5. Unafraid to try new things. I've really been trying to push myself to try new things. December was a huge month for me because I actually put one of my talents to work and participated in a holiday boutique. I want to keep trying new things-art projects, furniture remodeling, cooking, exercising-anything that has scared me in the past-I want to tackle. There is absolutely no reason that I can't do anything that I put my mind to. (My parents totally rocked that concept in to my head-yet I'm my biggest road block.) 

This all leads me to say... here I go. I'm going to try this blogging thing. When I really think about it-- blogging is the best possible job for me. Think about it... I get to write about all of the things I'm trying and doing-the recipes I'm trying, the movies I'm seeing, the adventures I'm having, the crafts I'm making for my home. The hubs and I had a great converstion about this today and he supports me so much. I've never known another person (other than my parents) that genuiinely wants me to be happy just as much or more than I do. So here I go! I total promise that I will fall down, I will get back up and I will want to quit- but I am going to try. I'm going to try with everything that I have in me. My new full time job is to be rad. So if you have any ideas of ways that I can be rad-or you have some words of encouragement please feel free to give me some feedback. 

Tomorrow I'm going to be coming up with my own personal statement and really make some realistic goals for myself. In the meantime to all of you my wonderful friends-keep on being RAD! 


2 comments:

  1. If you don't know who Chichi Kix is, you must find her online. Even if your friends can't convince you that you're rad (and you are), she will beat you into submission. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hibs :) I'll definitely check her out! By the way... this is not what I was referencing when I told you that you were my hero-but here you go again being my hero. Thank you! <3

      Delete