Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'll tell you my dirty little secret...

My secret (soon to not be so secret) addiction is chocolate chip cookie dough. I love it so much. To me it is one of the best treats you can ever have. I don't just buy the cheap cookie dough packages... I buy the Whole Foods bakery made frozen cookie dough. I love to keep it in my freezer and snack on a piece of frozen chocolate chip cookie dough whenever I get the urge. John and I have gotten in to medium sized fights over my consumption of cookie dough.

The first fight started because he asked me to make him some cookies using my cookie dough. I told him that the dough in my freezer was not for cooking and I could not make him any cookies. He didn't press me so I thought he gave up. A few days later he asked me the question again. I said oh honey... I told you that dough isn't for cooking. He got a little defensive and said, "Babe, I checked on the package-you can cook them"! He was so serious. I about died laughing. When the chuckling died down I said, "Well of course you can cook them... but I don't. Did you really think that the dough wasn't for cooking"? LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH. I took it too far with this... and John got mad because I had made a fool of him. I kept laughing and he got grumpy. He then proceeded to give me a very important informational discussion about how eating raw cookie dough can give you ecoli or make you really sick. I continued to be a smart ass and told him that I hoped I got ecoli from eating raw cookie dough so that I could lose weight. This theory really makes raw cookie dough a diet friendly food.

Ok so I know the dangers of eating raw eggs are very real... but it is certainly not enough to scare me away from eating raw cookie dough. In fact this post is really only making me crave more cookie dough.  So I went out a couple of days ago and I bought some frozen cookie dough. I know I really shouldn't keep it in the house but I went for it.

After much thought I really think I need to cut out the cookie dough. Eating some of the raw dough alone in my room at night I realized that I was behaving like a crack addict. I was hiding the container in my freezer so John wouldn't see it and I found myself only eating alone.

Why is this little habit so addicting? Do you have habits that are sabotaging your weight loss goals and making you feel like you are hiding something? If I give up eating raw cookie dough... what will you give up?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!! I love this story. Chris is the one in our relationship with the cookie dough addiction. I remember once making a batch of cookies when he wasn't home and I was amazed that the same recipe that I always used made literally twice as many cookies when Chris wasn't there eating the dough. My addiction is anything with sugar. I can't fathom yet giving up my nightly sweet treat (usually cookies or ice cream). I know I need to. Maybe I could try indulging only every other night and then eventually only once a week. It's so hard!! Good luck! Now I'm off to have some hot chocolate and a biscotti while I watch Glee. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up the cookie dough just eat a smaller amount each day. For heavens sake don't take away this bit of joy from your life. I for one am OBSESSED with this amazing sugar cookies from Nordstrom. They are AMAZING. If I want a god damn cookie I eat it. Sometimes I go in so often that they say to me "Just a cookie right?' I don't care they have changed my life. Plus I think if its frozen all the bad stuff dies. I don't know if this is a proven fact but I like to believe it is. Plus you are more likely to get some weird flesh eating disease for meat anyway. And I think its salmonella you get from eggs. Also this more goes with your older post but whatever. I am a size 2 and guess what? I have to get all my jeans tailored. And because I have narrow skinny feet I pretty much hate buying shoes. Shoes never fit me. I can't wear high heels unless they are mary jane style because they fall off. True story. So see we all have our clothing problems no matter what size. :)

    ReplyDelete